Provincetown Invitational, September 16-18, 2022
This is the 27th annual Yankee Lambda Car Club’s Provincetown Invitational. This year the public car show will be at the Pilgrim Monument. For the awards banquet costumes are strongly encouraged.
The host hotel is the Provincetown Inn in the West End of town again this year. Make your hotel reservations as soon as possible. For hotel reservations, please contact The Provincetown Inn at (508) 487-9500. Breakfast is included each morning.
- Thursday 4pm - 7pm: early registration at Provincetown Inn in the lobby
- Friday 10:30am: a silly game, to be announced
- Friday 4pm - 5:30pm: registration at Provincetown Inn in the lobby
- Friday 5:30 - 7:30: cocktail party with appetizers at Provincetown Inn, continuing registration
- Saturday 8am - 9am: registration at Provincetown Inn lobby
- Saturday 10am - 1:15pm: public car show at the Pilgrim Monument
- Saturday 12noon: catered box lunch
- Saturday 1:30pm: our fabulous Parade through town
- Saturday 2:30pm: ice cream social at Provincetown Inn
- Saturday 6pm: pre-banquet cocktails
- Saturday 7pm: banquet and awards ceremony at Provincetown Inn, with meal choice of Prime Rib, Crab-stuffed Sole, or Baked Stuffed Chicken.
- Sunday Morning: farewell brunch at the Provincetown Inn
Cost for the weekend is $150 per person until August 16st, after which the price will rise to $165 per person. One car per registration. Includes lunch and dinner Saturday, and entry to all events. All registrations must be received by the deadline of August 31st. There will be no late registrations at the event. Commemorative T-shirts are $15 each. No refunds are available after the registration deadline.
Register through the national website at lambdacarclub.com, and be sure to sign in to the website before attempting to register. If you are not automatically shown the Invitational page, pick "Region Events" in the site navigation, and "Yankee" region from the pull-down list. Step forward through months to September, and click on the event name.
For hotel reservations, please contact The Provincetown Inn at (508) 487-9500.
Here are this year’s award categories, so that you can start planning now!
- Fenway Park Award for Best Sports Car
- Hampton Beach Award for Best Convertible
- Somerville Triple Decker Award for Best Compact Car
- Children's Museum Award for Best Family Car
- Martha's Vineyard Award for Best Luxury Car
- Mt. Washington Award for Best Truck or SUV
- Brimfield Flea Market Award for Best Station Wagon
- Breakers Award for Most Over the Top Car
- Plymouth Rock Award for Best Foreign Car
- Zakim Bridge Award for Best Decorated Car
- Jordan's Furniture Award for Best Interior
- Wicked Pissah Bedst in Show
- New England Clambake Award for People's Choice